span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Thursday, October 31, 2019

My 1,500th Post in This Blog -- Part 4

Continuing from Part 1Part 2 and Part 3

I have put a DONATE button in the right margin. The donated money goes to me.

=======

The groups of links in this Part 4
The Movie's Sexuality

Miscellaneous People and Characters

The Movie's Music

The Movie's Songs
I will provide more groups of links in my Part 5.



The Movie's Sexuality

The MPAA's PG-13 Rating of Dirty Dancing

How far did Baby and Johnny go sexually?

Did Johnny Castle commit statutory rape?

In-Bed Dialogue That Was Deleted

Have You Had Many Women?

How far did Lisa and Robbie go sexually?

Lisa's Belated Decision to Have Sex With Robbie

What Lisa meant by "to go all the way with Robbie"

Why Penny and Robbie risked pregnancy -- Part 1

Why Penny and Robbie risked pregnancy -- Part 2

Don't be so sure that Robbie made Penny pregnant

The Movie's Violators of Going-Steady Rules

"Going Steady" versus "Going Slumming"

You wouldn't care if I humped the entire army

Straightness and Dirtiness in Dirty Dancing

Sex and the Single Girl

Sex and the Married Bungalow Bunny

Teenage Female Sexuality in the Early 1960s

One of the most sexually disturbing movies I've encountered

The Onion Review of Dirty Dancing

The "Masculinity Crisis" and Johnny Castle




Miscellaneous People

Jerry Orbach, the Actor Who Played Jake Houseman

Conan O'Brien and Jerry Orbach Re-Enact the Daughter-Father Argument

Karen Getz, the Movie's Dance Captain

The Movie's Editor, Girish Bhargava

Emile Ardolino Tribute

Lynne Lipton, the First Marjorie Houseman

An Interview With Kelly Bishop, Who Played Marjorie Houseman




The Movie's Music

Is Dirty Dancing a Musical?

Recorded-Music Technology and the Musical Genre

Dirty Dancing and Diegesis

Michael Lloyd, the Movie's Music Supervisor

Anachronistic Music in Dirty Dancing

The Anachronism of the Song "Time of My Life"

Nostalgia, Music and Affect in Dirty Dancing

Business Decisions About the Movie's Music

Which Lionel Richie Song Was Replaced?

The Change of Music Between 1963 and 1987





The Movie's Songs

Be My Baby

The Song "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes

Be My Baby -- 1

Be My Baby -- 2

Be My Baby -- 3

Be My Baby -- 4

Be My Baby -- 5

Be My Baby -- 6

Be My Baby -- 7

Be My Baby -- 8

Be My Baby -- 9

Be My Baby -- 10

"Be My Baby" as a Wedding Song -- 1

"Be My Baby" as a Wedding Song -- 2

"Be My Baby" as a Wedding Song -- 3

-------

Big Girls Don't Cry

The Song "Big Girls Don't Cry" by the Four Seasons

Big Girls Don't Cry -- 1

Big Girls Don't Cry -- 2

Big Girls Don't Cry -- 3

Big Girls Don't Cry -- 4

Big Girls Don't Cry -- 5

-------

Do You Love Me?

The Song "Do You Love Me?" by The Contours

Do You Love Me? - 1

Do You Love Me? - 2

Do You Love Me? - 3

Do You Love Me? - 4

Do You Love Me? - 5

Do You Love Me? - 6

Do You Love Me? - 7

Do You Love Me? - 8

Do You Love Me? - 9

Do You Love Me? - 10

High-School Students Perform the "Do You Love Me?" Dance

-------

Love Man

The Song "Love Man" by Otis Redding

Love Man - 1

Love Man - 2

Love Man - 3

Love Man - 4

-------

Stay

The Song "Stay" by Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs

Stay - 1

Stay - 2

Stay - 3

Stay - 4


-------

Wipeout

The Song "Wipe-Out" by the Surfaris

Wipeout - 1

Wipeout - 2

Wipeout - 3

Wipeout - 4

Wipeout - 5

-------

Hungry Eyes

The Song "Hungry Eyes" Sung by Eric Carmen

Franke Previte was supposed to sing "Hungry Eyes" for the movie

-------

This Overload

The Song "This Overload" by Alfie Zappacosta

Overload -- 1

Overload -- 2

Overload -- 3

Overload -- 4

-------

Hey, Baby

The Song "Hey, Baby" by Bruce Channel

Hey, Baby -- 1

Hey, Baby -- 2

Hey, Baby -- 3

Hey, Baby -- 4

Hey, Baby -- 5

Hey, Baby -- 6

Hey, Baby -- 7

Hey, Baby -- 8

Hey, Baby -- 9

Hey, Baby -- 10

Hey, Baby -- 11

Hey, Baby -- 12

Hey, Baby -- 13

-------

Some Kind of Wonderful

The Song "Some Kind of Wonderful" by the Drifters

-------

These Arms of Mine

The Song "Cry to Me" Sung by Solomon Burke

These Arms of Mine -- 1

These Arms of Mine -- 2

These Arms of Mine -- 3

These Arms of Mine -- 4

These Arms of Mine -- 5

These Arms of Mine -- 6

These Arms of Mine -- 7

-------

Cry to Me

The Song "Cry to Me" Sung by Solomon Burke

"Cry to Me Videos"

"Cry to Me" Videos -- 2

"Cry to Me" Videos -- 3

"Cry to Me" Videos -- 4

"Cry to Me" Videos -- 5

"Cry to Me" Videos -- 6

-------

Will You Love Me Tomorrow?

The Song "Will You Love Me Tomorrow?" Sung by the Shirelles

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 1

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 2

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 3

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 4

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 5

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 6

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 7

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 8

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 9

Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - 10

-------

Love Is Strange

The Song "Love Is Strange" by Mickey and Silvia

Love is Strange - 1

Love is Strange - 2

Love is Strange - 3

Love is Strange - 4

Love is Strange - 5

Love is Strange - 6

"Love Is Strange" As a Wedding Dance

------

You Don't Own Me

The Song "You Don't Own Me" Sung by the Blow Monkeys

You Don't Own Me -- 1

You Don't Own Me -- 2

You Don't Own Me -- 3

You Don't Own Me -- 4

You Don't Own Me -- 5

You Don't Own Me -- 6


------

In the Still of the Night

The Song "In the Still of the Night" by the Five Satins

In the Still of the Night - 1

In the Still of the Night - 2

In the Still of the Night - 3

In the Still of the Night - 4

In the Still of the Night - 5

--------

Yes

The Song "Yes" Sung by Merry Clayton

Yes -- 1

Yes -- 2





-------

Hula Hana

The Song "Hula Hana" by Jane Brucker

A Freudian Interpretation of the "Hula Hana" Lyrics


-------

She's Like the Wind

The Song "She's Like the Wind" by Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze talks about "She's Like the Wind"

-------

The Song "Kellerman's Anthem"

Kellerman's Anthem -- 1

Kellerman's Anthem -- 2

-------

Time of My Life

The Song "Time of My Life" by Franke Previte -- Part 1

The Song "Time of My Life" by Franke Previte -- Part 2

The Anachronism of the Song "Time of My Life"

Which Lionel Richie Song Was Replaced?

Franke Previte tells about "Time of My Life"

The Glee Performance of "Time of My Life"

Weddings Singing "Time of My Life" - 1

Weddings Singing "Time of My Life" - 2

Weddings Singing "Time of My Life" - 3

Weddings Singing "Time of My Life" - 4

Weddings Singing "Time of My Life" - 5

------

Miscellaneous

Ranking the Soundtrack's Songs

The Top Songs of 1963

The American Folk Music Revival in 1963

The 1964 Debut Album of Simon and Garfunkel


=======

Continued in Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment