span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Dirty Dancing -- Remix

In an earlier article, titled Three Miscellaneous Videos, I reported about a film project to remake Dirty Dancing with a switch of the female (Baby) and male (Johnny) roles. Now that project is complete and is available to watch.

The film is called Dirty Dancing Remix, and it is explained as follows:
SheMakesFilm presents the first of their gender bending series, where they take a classic movie and gender switch the main roles. Part crazy, part fun, part learning, part sexy
I watched it, and I was delighted. The film lasts about four minutes and portrays the Dirty Dancing scene where the dance student Baby comes into the dance teacher Johnny's cabin and seduces him. In this film, though, the seductive dance student is a male, and the seduced dance teacher is a female named Joanie.

All the dialogue is the same as the Dirty Dancing dialogue.

"Can I come in? ....
I'm sorry about the way my father treated you."

"I could never do anything like that. That was something.
People treat me like I'm nothing, because I am nothing."

"That's not true. You're everything!" 

"I'm scared of walking out of here and never feeling
for the rest of my life the way I feel when I'm with you!
Dance with me."
Go to the Vimeo webpage and watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring the film! Happy you enjoyed it - SheMakesFilm team

    ReplyDelete