span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Comment About the Whittle Family

My blog gets few comments. The comments it does get are mostly under articles about the Whittle family, which includes Jason Whittle, the alleged son of Patrick Swayze. A couple days ago, a commenter -- apparently Jason Whittle's nephew and godson -- complained that those comments are negative and rude.
Really tired of everyone's negative comments. This is my family. And its rude that no one has anything nice to say.

You guys don't know anything as to I don't know anything. And the factors that everyone is talking shit and saying untruthful rude things about my family as some are deceased is very very immature and not needed.

My great grandpa Milvin would not appreciate any of this nonsense. And my family does not deserve all the rude and negative things everyone has to say. If you don't know anything then why comment. Why spread rumors and talk shit?

My Cousin Jason (Uncle Jason) knows the truth. He don't have to tell anyone anything cause its his life not yours. And what does it matter to anyone if he is Patrick's son. My Uncle Jason deserves this just as much as the next person. He is a great and wonderful man. And no one can change that by all this negativity. Its just pathetic how everyone thinks its their business when it's not.

I love my Uncle Jason, my god father, the father I never had. He's an amazing man.
It simply is not true that all -- or even most -- of the comments are negative and rude.

The first article has received more than 300,000 pageviews, It's my understanding that a pageview occurs when someone comes to the article directly from somewhere else on the Internet. If my understanding is correct -- if the count does not include when someone comes to the article from inside my blog -- then that article must have been read by many thousands more people.

Compared to the number of people who have read my articles about the Whittle family, the number of comments is tiny. Something like 99.99% of the readers do not comment at all. The few who do comment express mostly curiosity, sympathy or admiration.

A few commenters do express doubt that Jason Whittle is the son of Patrick Swayze. So what? In any mystery, some people will express doubt about the common wisdom.

======

I corresponded briefly with Jason Whittle's son Noah. I asked for an opportunity to help tell Jason's story, but Noah told me that the family prefers to maintain its privacy. I respect that decision, and I told Noah that I will not bother his family any more about it.

The above comment from Jason's nephew indicates to me that Jason indeed has maintained his privacy about it to the present.

Jason Whittle was not raised by Patrick Swayze. Jason respects the relatives who really did raise him. He had a beloved mother and one or more stepfathers who devoted their own time, resources and love to raise him. That is who deserves and receives Jason's gratitude, respect and honor.

As far as I know, Jason has not requested any money from the Swayze family. (I don't have an opinion about whether the Swayze family should give him any money.)

Jason Whittle is doing what he thinks is right. He knows best how his own life and his family might be affected if he did something different.

I have the impression that Jason and his family are decent, kind and admirable. Their lives are full of activities, relationships and concerns that do not involve Patrick Swayze.

======

However, it's natural that millions of people are curious about this situation. Patrick Swayze was an immensely popular, admired celebrity. People will look for information about the situation, and many of them will find my articles on the Internet, and a few of them will comment on my articles.

The public's natural curiosity never will disappear. It's not reasonable for the Whittle family to expect that nobody in the World ever will discuss this situation and express some opinions, a few of which might be negative or rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment