span.fullpost {display:inline;}

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Franke Previte was supposed to sing "Hungry Eyes" for the movie

The following interview of Franke Previte -- who created the songs "Hungry Eyes" and "Time of My Life" -- is superb. He tells about his entire career as a performer and creator of songs.


I was most interested by a segment, which begins at about 31:00, in which he tells how he was supposed to record his song "Hungry Eyes" for the Dirty Dancing soundtrack but then was replaced one day before his recording by Eric Carmen.

======

The following video shows Previte's singing of his song "Hungry Eyes".


Carmen sing the song better.

-----

The following video shows Previte's singing of his song "Time of My Lfie".


Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes sang it better.

======

In the above interview, Previte mentions that he uploaded his demos of the two songs onto his Facebook page, Dirty Dancing Demos. I scrolled down the page for a long way, looking for the two demos, but I gave up looking for them.

=====

See also my previous articles The Song "Hungry Eyes" Sung by Eric Carmen  and The Song "The Time of My Life" by Franke Previte.

No comments:

Post a Comment